A chronicle of Alison and Ron's trip around the world in 2009-2010.


"Not all those who wander are lost"
- Tolkien

Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Pink MGB

Yesterday I drove my little car down to my brothers in San Diego.. My Dad flew out to drive it back to Oklahoma to store for the year. He is the bestest in the world! He not only spent a year, painstakingly and lovingly restoiring the car but then even painted it PINK just for me. It was so fun having a convertible, throwing the top down on a warm day, driving in the salty California air. It’s too bad I only had it for 5 months!

The drive was pretty lame. Even though I left at 7:45am I didn’t get to SD until after 7pm. Ugh. Most of the problem was that it was the Friday before Memorial Day so a lot of folks were hittin the road. I thought I would be safe getting to LA at 2pm but boy was I wrong...It took 1 hour to go 10 miles. I was hot, sweaty, dehydrated, stuck with the top up as the ipod and gps both ran out of battery, in a jam-packed 6 lanes wide bumper to bumper as far as you can see.

Now I remember why I hate SmelLA. Traffic is horrendous, drivers are rude, if you don’t ride up on someones ass you are cut in front of mercilessly. Zero to 80mph to Zero. Over and over and over. But at least I got to see my girl Vanessa at her work, which was a pit stop from heaven! Gatorade is thirst aid, let me tell you.

0 comments:


There have been visitors to this blog and you are one of them. Thanks and have a beautiful day!