A chronicle of Alison and Ron's trip around the world in 2009-2010.


"Not all those who wander are lost"
- Tolkien

Saturday, January 3, 2009

All Shot Up

I went to get my second round of vaccinations today at the SF Travel Health Clinic. Apparently we need a lot vaccinations due to our itinerary so we are bracing to be human pincushions. I'm really not a fan of being jabbed but I guess I'd rather be safe then sorry. I'd rather not be knocked out with Yellow Fever in the middle of BFE.

And Poor Ron, he gets faint when he sees a needle. When he went to get his first round I gripped his sweaty hand and led him past all the adults getting blood drawn to lay down in the kiddie room. Then he proceeded to squeeze the life out of a stuffed Tigger while I distracted him with writing a shopping list for Whole Foods so he wouldn't pass out. The good news for him is that he gets the shots for free with Kaiser, while I'm paying almost $1500 due to my fantastic coverage with Blue Cross.


Twinrix - Hepatitis A/B - 3 shots
Polio
Typhoid - capsules
TDAP (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis)
Yellow Fever
Japanese Encephalitus - 3 shots
Rabies - 3 shots



Um, Rabies? I guess there are a lot mangy stray dogs out on the streets wanting to nip at you? This is a slightly concerning thought.

0 comments:


There have been visitors to this blog and you are one of them. Thanks and have a beautiful day!