A chronicle of Alison and Ron's trip around the world in 2009-2010.


"Not all those who wander are lost"
- Tolkien

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Shittin Pretty

One of my main curiosities about this trip is the bathroom situation. Hearing about squatty potties and all the new challenges, Ron seemed even more anxious then me for the familiar and the private so I bought this book for him. But I was heading to NY for business, and I always need a new book for the long plane ride and nights in the hotel so I took along it with me.

WARNING: this next section may contain what is commonly referred to as "too much information".

Well, now its me with the toilet anxiety, pardon the pun but you might call me scared sh*tless. I really don't want to squat in a hole shoulder to shoulder with a row of other women or be followed around and watched while I go pee because I look exotic. I mean c'mon, there should be some mystery! And I'm not really fast at all. Ron has me beat there, he can go in like 60 seconds or less. I take my time. I have a whole routine that just cannot be rushed. I need my coffee and my book of puzzles and my cat curled up at my feet and a half hour of quiet alone time. I don't think I can even squat for more than a couple minutes before my legs cramp up. I guess I should start practicing....

0 comments:


There have been visitors to this blog and you are one of them. Thanks and have a beautiful day!