A chronicle of Alison and Ron's trip around the world in 2009-2010.


"Not all those who wander are lost"
- Tolkien

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Travel Partners-in-Crime


Ron, my boyfriend of 4+ years, has decided to come along on the trip! Since he has his own home restoration business, it's easy to tell the boss he's going to take a 52-week vacation. The only loose end he has is a condo he bought a few years back that he'll rent out and his cousin has graciously agreed to play landlord while he's away.

It's funny I've realized recently that the steady freddy man with traditional priorities, who I always thought of as the man of my dreams would probably never quit his job to gallivant around the globe with me. But how fortunate am I that Ron shares my dream of world travel and is ready to hit the open road.

We are so excited to take this once-in-a-lifetime trip together. Most of you know, our nickname for each other is "Critter" and we have a little saying every Friday that "It's Friday Critters!" so we get revved up for the weekend and spending time together. Well now it's Friday Critters for an entire year! Boggles my mind how fortunate we are to be able to do this.

Watch out for the International Critters coming to an exotic locale not-so-near you.

0 comments:


There have been visitors to this blog and you are one of them. Thanks and have a beautiful day!