A chronicle of Alison and Ron's trip around the world in 2009-2010.


"Not all those who wander are lost"
- Tolkien

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Grande Cup of Change

I gave notice at work today. I could probably have spent my entire career there. But whether it's next week or 30 years from now I would have left the job eventually. Change is inevitable. I just so happened to pull the trigger a little early. It was really tough telling my boss I was leaving. My heart pounding, like I was breaking up with someone I still loved. I've had so much opportunity, to build a Fortune 100 eCommerce business from the ground up. They've nurtured me, and believed in me. It's been a great 9+ years but now, alas, it's time to hit the road. Time to forge my own path. No lattes delivered to my corner office where I'm going.

Ok
ay, so no one ever brought me coffee and my office window looks out over a pretty unspectacular parking lot. A girl can embellish ; )

I have a feeling this is just the sort of change I need in my life right now, it will open up a thousand unimagined possibilities. Stepping off the treadmill to see that there are many miles ahead still and many more forks in the road to wander down.

0 comments:


There have been visitors to this blog and you are one of them. Thanks and have a beautiful day!