A chronicle of Alison and Ron's trip around the world in 2009-2010.


"Not all those who wander are lost"
- Tolkien

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cameras

I opted for a small, lightweight point-and-shoot digital but Ron wanted a little more control over the final picture but more control makes it a bit more bulky for sure. We both got an extra battery pack and two SanDisk 8GB Memory Cards because I'm sure we'll be taking a zillion pictures.

Keeping those photos is another story altogether. I upgraded to a Flickr Pro account that allows unlimited uploads. The only snag? The uploads take forever! I uploaded one weekend worth of photos and it took over an hour. And that's on my PC with a blazing fast internet connection. I really don't want to spend the whole trip stuck in an internet cafe. I also got a Kingston 32 GB Flash Drive that I can archive some photos. But in the end we may have to take photos at a lower resolution, keep the best and dump the rest.


Canon Powershot SD990IS 14.7MP Digital Camera with 3.7x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Silver)Ali's Camera: Canon Powershot SD990IS

14.7 Megapixel / 3.7x Optical / Optical Image Stabilizer / 2.5" TFT PureColor LCD / PictBridge / DIGIC 4 Image Processor / Face Detection / SD-HC Memory Card Slot



Canon Powershot G10 14.7MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized ZoomRon's camera: Canon Powershot G10

14.7 Megapixels / 5x Optical, 4x Digital Zoom / 3.0" TFT Color LCD / PictBridge / Optical Image Stabilizer / 28mm wide-angle lens / SD-HC Memory Card Slot / Still and Movie

1 comments:

Erik P. Hansen May 14, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

Ron's camera is pimp. I've been wanting one of those little guys myself.

Hi Alison! I just found your blog a few minutes ago. You've already been very busy on this thing, I see!


There have been visitors to this blog and you are one of them. Thanks and have a beautiful day!